Deadline: midnight GMT on 1 March 2020
The Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Global Accord invites submissions for presentation at the 4th Global AYA Cancer Congress, to be staged in London in 13 - 15 July 2020. The theme of the congress is ‘Global Sharing & Collaboration-building for AYA with Cancer’.
Quick Reference Table of Dates
|1 March 2020
||Call for Abstracts closes
|1 April 2020
||Results distributed by
|13 – 15 July 2020
All submssions will be peer reviewed for quality and relevance.
Abstracts will be accepted for presentation as:
Standard Poster (physical poster to be produced)
Abstracts should report original work relating to the improvement of AYA patient outcomes and experience. The presenter should be involved in the original work and the work should not have been presented at previous conferences. Prizes will be given for the best of each presentation type.
Projects in development, or protocols that are running are very welcome, and will be prioritised for quick-fire sessions
Submissions from first-time authors are welcome. If you have not submitted before and need help with producing your abstract, please E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions are to be made via the on-line system. Please read the notes below before submitting.
The minimum browser settings for the on-line system are: Chrome version 22.x or higher, Firefox version 16.x or higher, Internet Explorer version 9.x or higher.
Terms and Conditions for ALL submissions:
- PLEASE NOTE: ALL PRESENTING AUTHORS MUST REGISTER AS FULL CONFERENCE DELEGATES – PLEASE ENSURE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO ATTEND BEFORE YOU SUBMIT.
- Submission is confirmation of acceptance of the need to register, without exception and irrespective of the length of time the Presenter will be at the Congress.
We encourage delegates to profile research, audit, case studies, professional experiences or practice developments to an international audience. The sharing of experience, knowledge and skills amongst the professionals involved in the treatment and care for young people with cancer is key to the aims of the Global Accord and this Congress.
The Submission Categories are:
- Biology – AYA & cancer
- Diagnostics and care pathways
- Cancer Treatment & clinical trials
- Patient outcomes
Equality & participation
- Ethics, rights & conflict
- Access to care
- New ways of working & technology
- Education & learning
Alliances & empowerment
- Mental health
- Life after cancer
- Adolescence and young adulthood
- When cure is not likely
How to submit:
- Follow this link: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/eSites/461320/Homepage
- In order to submit (any number of submissions) you will need to set yourself up as a New User and provide your contact information.
- Select “Submissions” to add your submission(s) to the system. The system will prompt you for the required information.
- Your abstract must be submitted in English.
- You will be asked to select one category (theme) for your submission. [See above]
- You will be asked for your preference of presentation format.
- You will be asked about any disclosures and whether or not Ethical Approval was sought.
- You will be asked for the title, authors and designations before the text of your abstract.
- Your abstract itself must not exceed 300 words (this excludes the title, authors, designations and references). To avoid online timeout, we suggest that the submission is prepared in Word and then copied into the online system when ready.
- Abstracts must use the following outline (with the exception of Case Studies):
For Case Studies ONLY use the following section headings:
- Introduction and Aims
- Discussion and Conclusion
- If you wish to upload figures: tables, images or graphs - these should be jpeg or Word files and these can be added to your Submission using the “Upload” button. Tables MUST NOT be scanned into the abstract. Note: When an abstract is accepted, whilst the text will definitely be published, the Hosts reserve the right to edit out complex figures, tables and graphs that are too expensive to reproduce.
- References can be given, up to a maximum of 5 and these will NOT form part of the 300 word count.
- The on-line system will enable you to add multiple submissions to your profile.
- All submissions will be acknowledged by E-Mail. If you have not had a confirmation of receipt within 5 working days of your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
- The Reviewers will review all abstracts and their decision on the acceptability of the abstract and format of the presentation will be final. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the author(s).
- Instructions on the duration of oral presentations and the format and size of posters, will be given in the result correspondence which is planned for issue by 1 April 2020.
- If an abstract cannot be presented at the Conference, the Secretariat must be notified in writing by 1 June 2020 to avoid compromise to the professionalism of the meeting.
Please contact our Secretariat team if you have any queries regarding the process of abstract submission: T: + 44 (0) 1794 511331 E: email@example.com