Call for Abstracts
Deadline: midnight on 1st September 2017
The Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Global Accord invites submissions for presentation at the 2nd Global AYA Cancer Congress.
Quick Reference Table of Dates
|Call for Abstracts opens -
1 April 2017
| Call for Abstracts closes -
1 September 2017
|Results distributed by -
30 September 2017
5 - 7 December 2017
There are 2 ways for delegates to contribute:
- Oral and Poster Abstracts - Please submit your Abstract before 1 September 2017. Abstracts will be peer reviewed for quality and relevance.
- The Global Exchange - where new presenters or those wanting to share practice, case studies, projects, or any work they are doing can display any items on a poster board within a designated area within the venue. We provide the display board, you provide the ideas to share with delegates. These ideas will NOT be peer reviewed but we do need to receive a résumé of no more than 300 words to give us a very rough background about what you wish to display. All Global Exchange submissions must have relevance to AYA Cancer. The deadline for these résumés is 1 September 2017.
All submissions are to be made via the on-line system. Please read the notes below before submitting.
The minimum browser settings for the on-line system are: Chrome version 22.x or higher, Firefox version 16.x or higher, Internet Explorer version 9.x or higher.
Terms and Conditions for ALL submissions:
1. PLEASE NOTE: ALL PRESENTING AUTHORS MUST REGISTER AS FULL CONFERENCE DELEGATES - PLEASE ENSURE THAT THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO ATTEND BEFORE YOU SUBMIT.
2. Submission is confirmation of acceptance of the need to register, without exception and irrespective of the length of time the Presenter will be at the Congress.
Call for Abstracts/Global Exchange Submissions
We encourage delegates to profile research, audit, case studies, professional experiences or practice developments to an international audience. The sharing of experience, knowledge and skills amongst the professionals involved in the treatment and care for young people with cancer is key to the aims of the Global Accord and this Congress.
The Submission Categories are:
Global Exchange (not peer-reviewed)
How to submit:
1. Follow this link: etouches
2. In order to submit (any number of submissions) you will need to set yourself up as a New User and provide your contact information.
3. Select “Submissions” to add your submission(s) to the system. The system will prompt you for the required information.
4. Your abstract must be submitted in English.
5. You will be asked to select a category (theme) for your submission. [See above]
6. You will be asked for your preference of presentation format - either oral or poster.
7. You will be asked about any disclosures and whether or not Ethical Approval was sought.
8. You will be asked for the title, authors and designations before the text of your abstract.
9. Your abstract itself must not exceed 300 words (this excludes the title, authors, designations and references).
10. Abstracts must use the following outline (with the exception of Case Studies):
o Introduction and Aims
o Discussion and Conclusiono
For Case Studies ONLY use the following section headings:
11. If you wish to upload figures: tables, images or graphs - these should be jpeg or Word files and these can be added to your Submission using the “Upload” button. Tables MUST NOT be scanned into the abstract. Note: When an abstract is accepted, whilst the text will definitely be published, the Hosts reserve the right to edit out complex figures, tables and graphs that are too expensive to reproduce.
12. References can be given, up to a maximum of 5 and these will NOT form part of the 300 word count.
a. The on-line system will enable you to add multiple submissions to your profile.
b. All submissions will be acknowledged by E-Mail. If you have not had a confirmation of receipt within 5 working days of your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
c. The 2017 Reviewers will review all abstracts and their decision on the acceptability of the abstract and format of the presentation will be final. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the author(s).
d. Instructions on the duration of oral presentations and the format and size of posters, will be given in the result correspondence which is planned for issue by 30 September 2017. This includes the confirmation of acceptance or decline of Global Exchange displays.
e. If an abstract cannot be presented at the Conference, the Secretariat must be notified in writing by 1st November 2017 to avoid compromise to the professionalism of the meeting.
Please contact our Abstract Secretariat team if you have any queries at all regarding abstract submission:
+ 44 (0) 1794 511331/2